Thursday, May 9, 2013

Rigging

The tail for my character, still did not know how to make it correctly, because it is not just a polygon or nurbs modeling technique problem, it is by need to consider the movement at first, so that why i still find some tutorial to help with it. Hopefully i could fix that out tonight.


What I trying to do with this tail is it could become longer and shorter, will testing Spline IK handle tool to get what kind of result.
It looks really weird when I apply the spline IK handle on it. I think my problem is it looks like the tail for the character but it somehow also the spring, it could have some blend style on it. So it could have different degrees movement.

One chinese video channel tutorial teachs me the idea about that spring.

Seems the cluster idea is much better and easier looking than the Spline IK handle tool

Hopefully it give some ideas about that


Friday update, after talk with Steven, he suggest me try to using spline IK tool for my model, sounds what i want, and i start to have a look on lynda.com to get a brief idea about that style of rigging idea.After search the google, I have one link about the spline IK, hope that will help me...

Expert rigging in Maya

Autodesk help

Spline IK Setup in Maya 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment